Thursday, April 24, 2008

What's for lunch?

I recently got to go out to lunch with my friend. It was an exciting thing-- it was our first lunch together after all, and we were bringing our two boys along so we could chat while they chatted. We were going to out local eatery area-- so that we had plenty to chose from and every one could be happy.. and again.. this was exciting! (ok so if you are rolling your eyes at what I find exciting.. you are not a parent of the young) Anyhow.. on with my story.

So, we meet and we chat and we happily decide on Chinese. We giggle thru line, tell a couple jokes, discuss the variations of food to chose from, and then happily pay for our warm and steaming meal and go find a place to sit. We are sitting there, the 4 of us, happy and laughing over our various ideas of funny and all of a sudden, it came to a screeching halt.


My friend was staring at her meal. Her chicken on her fork is wrapped in a long hair. I mean WRAPPED. It went around it several times. As if that is bad enough, she then tells me that she found a smaller "fuzzy" piece earlier in the meal but convinced herself it was her own. This is disturbing. I looked up to see the woman behind the counter with her obviously not working hair net and wonder-- how often does this happen and we not know about it???

Those of you who know me personally know I can be a tad OCD. As I sat there and watched-- at least 10 people went thru the same line as us and bought food and went on their way to eat that food. There is a high chance that they would never know about the Rapunzel length hair that we had encountered in our lunch. Does this scare anyone besides me? How many meals have I eaten that moments before someone else was finding disgusting evidence of poor hygiene in. *insert green face here*

Needless to say, and much to my delight, my friend got back her money from the lunch-- and mine. So there is such a thing as a free lunch-- it just sometimes comes with foreign objects in it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny. This was truly the hairiest lunch I have ever had! I guess it would be my luck, this happens to me just about every time I go out. It may not be hair all the time but once it was a small black beetle in my sandwich. I guess it was my lucky day, extra protein!!! heart you, B

Dareth said...

eeewww!!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

OOOOH GROSS!

Anonymous said...

You are not alone!! Went to a similar lunch with a friend and our 6 (collectively -3 mine, 3 hers) kids. I had the special "seasoning" of a bug in my cabbage...never felt the same way about that vegetable since then. They offered me my money back - THANK YOU! but then they offered me dessert...Uh...not really hungry anymore thanks...and especially not for a dessert from a place where I could once again find a special "prize" in my treat...and I am not talking about a box of crackerjacks! :)