Monday, October 29, 2007

Boooo!

It's here.
Halloween is here! I love this holiday. Not only do you get to play dress up as an adult and not be looked at like you are crazy.. but it marks the start of the holiday season. Call me crazy, but I like the bustle of stores and people and music.. it is a whirl wind 3 months! And while, at the end, I am overcome with happiness that it is over, I really do enjoy it.
To add to all this, for the first year ever, my boys are up for being cool characters that arent on a tv show! This is exciting to me. After years of being Thomas or one super hero or an other.. this year they decided to be knights. I am doubly pleased with this because it makes my weekend trip to Vegas with the girls worth it. You see.. we stayed at Excalibur and I brought them home a set of knights and kingdoms from there. Yes, I agree.. it was a guilt present. HOWEVER.. they like playing with them so much that they chose to dress up like them for Halloween, making it somewhat educational. Hey, I will take it where I can get it.
I think I am going to go as Super Woman. Because what I do day to day fits me into her catagory. In fact, this is true for all moms. But for me, my cape randomly gets caught in the closed door. So I could use a reminder.. and a cool outfit serves as a great reminder. Plus, I can wear the cool bangle wrist bands.
So this year, I hope while I am out there with my cape flowing, and bangles flashing... I look across the street and see other moms and dads wearing their own capes, or their version of them. If we can all just start the season off remembering what it is to be youthful and fun and not afraid to dress up-- then there is hope it will be a good start to the holiday season.

2 comments:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

I also love Halloween!! It's my favorite holiday, and I think we get more "into it" every year. I will be a scarecrow this year.

We miss you at W&M, its been so slow there lately.

Kayris said...

Tagged!

http://greatwallsofbaltimore.blogspot.com/2007/11/housekeeping.html