Sunday, February 9, 2014

Grading on a Rainy Day


It has been a weekend of rain. If you are paying attention, you know it is much needed. That doesn't mean it is not dragging every last bit of energy out of everyone in this house.  Kids are studying for upcoming tests so the house is quiet. We are able to hear the soft pitter patter of never ending rain. Someone has let the papers stack up all week so she is sitting at the table "quietly" grading. Every so often, I hear commentary from under her breath. Here are some priceless ones:

  • No. Not  what I said. Nobody listens to me when I talk.
  • I stood there, telling them where to find it! Told them!
  • I need a drink.
  • I should just play Xbox now. It's more productive.
  • I'm thinking I can be done and just do an hour of this a day. I can't do more.
Who says teachers aren't funny?

No comments: