Saturday, May 12, 2007

In the Beginning...

When I was first approached with the idea about starting a blog, I was fearful. (ok, really I was in a fit of hysterical laughter first-- THEN came fearful). Beyond fearful really.. I kept thinking-- what would I ever talk about? I kept thinking that all my posts would consist of what dish soap I used today-- the fresh apple one or the lavendar. And so I put it on the far back burner. But I kept thinking about it. I thought about it even more.. and the more I thought, the more I discovered that hidden beneath all the various layers of wife, mommy, daughter, sister, friend..I was a brilliant author yearning to escape. Ok.. so a bit much of overly dramatic there, but I have things to say darn it!! There are things happening in my day to days that are thought provoking, or plain funny and my children have little interest to hear about it, and my friends have little TIME to hear about it.. and thus, a blogger was born.
I vow to do my best to not include a blow by blow of my daily chores. Hang in there with me-- somewhere amongst all the words, I know we can find Zen.

3 comments:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Yes! I am so glad you jumped on board, I have always thought you would be a great blogger, plus you basically said "I have a blog now" in such an entertaining way, that I know its going to be great reading fodder for me. So I'm happy about it in a very selfish way. Great pic too!

Kayris said...

Yay! This is cool! Go ahead and blog about your chores....I did! I'm always on the lookout for better ways to clean.

I never thought I would have much to blog about, but I'm amazed at the opportunities the kids provide me with for writing about. If nothing else, it's an easy way to share pics of the kids with out of town family and friends.

mumple said...

I am SOOOOOO looking forward to this!